Unit Director at Long Island Community Hospital in East Patchogue, NY
Long Island Community Hospital is a 306-bed, acute-care, not-for-profit community hospital located in East Patchogue on Long Island, serving twenty-eight communities throughout Central Suffolk County and includes the main campus, two community multi-disciplinary health centers, and centers for hemodialysis program, home health, and hospice/bereavement services. The hospital is designated as a Level III Trauma Center and is in the process of opening a state-of-the-art cardiac care center, ensuring that residents and visitors will receive technologically advanced medical care in an emergent situation.
- Compensation: 1600/shift (days) and 1850/shift (nights); PPI and PQI eligible; $25K leadership bonus
- Internal medicine residency program onsite (teaching required); Potential for faculty appointment
- Day hours: 7 am – 7 pm, Nocturnist hours: 7 pm – 7 am
- All major subspecialties represented; High geriatric patient population
- 7 beds ICU and 7 bed CCU; Intensivists completely manage all patients in the ICU; Hospitalists do a courtesy round in the ICU for continuity of care
- No procedures are required – No vents, intubations, or central lines.
- No RRT participation; No codes; No call; No ICU admissions
- EMR – Epic
- Board certified or eligible in internal medicine with 3+ years of experience required
Location and Lifestyle
East Patchogue is a hamlet in the town of Brookhaven, in Suffolk County, New York. With a population of roughly 21,000 residents, East Patchogue boasts picturesque beaches located on both its north and south shores and is conveniently located only 60 miles east of Manhattan and a short distance from the upscale beaches of the Hamptons. This family-friendly community is home to two excellent school districts, Patchogue Medford School District and South Country Central School District. The lifestyle typical of the area centers on village hubs, with a strong local community and neighborly small-town feel.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.