System Medical Director – Traverse City, MI
To prospective teammates,
I’m the Associate Chief Medical Officer for Sound Physicians. I have been a part of Sound’s Medical Group for 15 years. I am seeking a self-driven, goal-oriented individual who can serve as the Sound System Medical Director (SMD) for our Munson Healthcare Hospitalist programs.
The SMD will primarily work at our flagship hospital in Traverse City, Michigan. The SMD will also oversee our satellite hospital medicine programs within Munson Healthcare. Physicians with leadership experience are encouraged to apply. I would like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are a closely knit, established team of 28 physicians and 14 advanced practice providers (APPs), with the support of a clinical performance nurse and hospitalist coordinator. We run 11 physicians and 4 APPs on the day shift, three swing shift APPs, and three nocturnist physicians (21 providers/24 hours) with an average daily census of 200-230.
- Our team comprises providers from various locations across Michigan and the United States, and we also have team members from the Middle East and Eastern European countries.
- Committee and medical staff involvement is encouraged and expected in our group. Several team members are involved with the medical staff, various committees, and hospital partner initiatives.
- This is a tight-knit group of providers who enjoy spending time together in and out of the hospital setting. We spend time with our friends and family. If you enjoy the great outdoors, this might be your group. We enjoy hiking, skiing, cycling, sailing, and all the other great outdoor activities Northern Michigan offers. We also are spoiled with great restaurants, local festivals, and a beautiful landscape. You can live where others come to vacation.
- We proudly sponsor H1B candidates and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid, and services are covered by Sound.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in a semi-open ICU with intensivist coverage during the day and E-ICU coverage at night (our team is not expected to do procedures or run codes)
- For those who like to teach, we work with medical students, APPs, and Munson Family Practice Center residents.
- Team communication occurs via a twice-monthly team newsletter, morning huddles, and monthly/bi-monthly team meetings. Additionally, as part of the Munson Healthcare system, our hospitalist team participates in quarterly system meetings with hospitalists from the regional and community hospitals.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
More about our community: Traverse City, Michigan, is beloved for its stunning waterfront location along Lake Michigan, renowned cherry orchards, and vibrant cultural scene. Residents appreciate the city’s diverse culinary options, the thriving arts community, and numerous outdoor activities, including the nearby Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, making it an attractive destination for those seeking a mix of natural beauty and cultural experiences.
To learn more, please get in touch with my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me. #LI-HOTJOBS
Joe Joseph, MD
Associate Chief Medical Officer