System Medical Director
Join the next generation of physician leaders!
Sound Physicians is seeking exceptional candidates for an opportunity to help lead our well-established program in Winchester, WV. As a System Director with Sound Physicians, you have opportunities to connect and collaborate with other leaders during scheduled chief calls, and during our regional and national leadership conferences. You will also develop policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics. Our model is designed to ensure you have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that enables our organization to drive improved outcomes.
As a System Director, you will have a dedicated internal team to support you.
- Oversee communications between multi-service lines to ensure a smooth patient experience throughout the hospital visit
- You will have a staffing coordinator to handle all scheduling
- The regional operations manager will provide you with weekly reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Dedicated physician-led team for professional education through in-person and online modules on the SoundInstitute™ with a great emphasis on learning and development
- Develop into a Sound Physicians partner through Path to Partnership™
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants continued growth and development, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.
- Board-certified in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Monday through Friday; Approximately 5 clinical shifts per month; PTO offered
- 5+ years of leadership experience in hospital medicine
- Active VA license or in the process of applying
- H1B eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Location and Lifestyle
Located in the northwestern corner of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Winchester, Virginia is home to 26,203 residents. The community of Winchester is nestled in the Shenandoah Valley, located between the Blue Ridge Mountains and Allegheny Mountains. With easy access to Washington D.C. located only 75 miles west, Winchester boasts a historic downtown center with must-see sites such as John Handley High School, Stonewall Jackson’s Headquarters Museum, and the Adam Kurtz House. Winchester is famously known for its annual Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival held the first weekend of May since 1924 which includes a carnival, parades, several parties, and a coronation where the Apple Blossom Queen is crowned. In fact, the town is known as the “apple capital of the world!” With warm summers and mild to cold winters, residents enjoy the benefits of small-town living with convenient access to a metropolitan city within minutes.