Swing Shift Hospitalist – Shawnee Mission, KS
To our prospective teammates,
I am the Associate Chief Medical Officer for AdventHealth Shawnee Mission in Shawnee Mission, Kansas. I’ve been a part of Sound Physicians for 14 years. I welcome interest from physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or looking to make a career change. I’d like to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your options:
- We’re a closely knit, established team of 18 physicians, six advanced practice providers (APPs), and a clinical performance nurse.
- Our team comprises clinicians from a wide range of experience and diverse backgrounds who collaborate well and enjoy spending time together inside and outside work.
- Our clinical performance nurse supports you in providing a high-quality patient care experience.
- Many of us are active on hospital committees, including the medical executive committee, which helps solidify our relationships with specialists and our very supportive administration. Clinicians can champion specific projects that help improve care, such as working to update current order sets.
- We are a large community-based hospital with multispecialty support and see a wide variety of diseases while still having specialists readily available.
- We work in a co-managed ICU with intensivist coverage 24/7. All hospital admissions are assigned to the hospitalist service, where we collaborate with our specialists to determine the best care path for each patient.
- Our hospitalists and APPs focus on patient care without performing procedures. We seek board-certified/eligible internal medicine or family medicine physicians. ACLS/BLS certification is encouraged but not required.
- Our swing shift Hospitalists work Monday through Friday and perform admissions. The intensivist team performs all procedures.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- We value and support growth and development in our hospital medicine practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and support involvement and contributions to community health and wellness in and out of the hospital.
Shawnee Mission, Kansas, is a sought-after place for its high quality of life, excellent schools within the Shawnee Mission School District, and a strong sense of community. Residents appreciate the abundance of parks and recreational facilities, fostering an active and healthy lifestyle. The city’s proximity to Kansas City offers diverse job opportunities and cultural amenities. With various housing options, a reputation for safety, and a range of cultural and recreational events, Shawnee Mission provides a well-rounded living experience for individuals and families alike.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Rick Apke
Associate Chief Medical Officer