Swing Shift Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Amarillo, TX
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for the Sound Physicians team at Northwest Medical Center in the heart of Amarillo, Texas. With over a decade of service at Northwest and seven years at Sound, I can confidently say that we’ve built something special in the realm of hospital medicine. We are looking for a nurse practitioner or physician assistant for the swing shift. As you weigh your career options, allow me to shed light on who we are, what we do, and what we stand for – our people, practice, and purpose.
- We’re a cohesive team comprising eight hospitalists, two swing advanced practice providers (APPs), and a clinical performance nurse.
- Our team is a unique blend of clinicians with diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds. We pride ourselves on our strong medical skillset, unwavering ethics, and our stellar record of patient satisfaction. In fact, we’re known as the best hospitalist team in town.
- Within the hospital, we maintain strong relationships with our colleagues. Our medical director and associate medical director lead the medical executive and peer review committees. Additionally, we hold positions as the president and president-elect of the medical staff committee. Some of our physicians are actively involved in other committees such as chest pain, critical care, and management.
- We can take ACNPs or PAs for this position and are open to new grads.
- Our hospital features an open ICU with a total of 480 beds. We are currently seeking board-certified candidates with expertise in intubation and central lines. Physicians with a background in internal and family medicine (with at least two years of hospitalist experience) are welcome to apply.
- As a swing APP, you will be responsible for admitting and possibly rounding depending on the census.
- Our hospitalist team is an integral part of the code team, and all team members are certified in basic life support, advanced cardiovascular life support, pediatric advanced life support, and advanced trauma life support.
- We foster a family-like environment within our team, complete with a friendly nursing staff and an exceptional C-Suite. We have an experienced case management team with years of service and top-notch social workers.
- We use CERNER and have access to our own internal informatics platform.
- The base salary for this position is $150K.
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability coverage, 401k with a match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, as well as an annual CME allowance.
- At Sound Physicians, our patients always come first.
- We strongly support the growth and development of our hospital medicine practice, enabling you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
- We foster a community-oriented approach and actively promote participation and contributions to enhance community well-being, both within the hospital and in the broader community.
- Our team is well-organized and equipped with the latest systems, teaching tools, and educational programs offered by Sound.
Amarillo is a diverse and welcoming community, offering a small-town feel with fantastic amenities. Enjoy hiking in Palo Duro Canyon, less than 20 minutes away, or take a half-hour drive to the mountains in Colorado or New Mexico for hiking and skiing. Amarillo boasts incredible sunrises and sunsets, along with pleasant weather for most of the year.
We hope this glimpse into our practice at Northwest Medical Center helps you in considering your career path. If our values align with your aspirations, we’d be delighted to welcome you into our dedicated team.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Mohammed Aldeen
Medical Director-Sound Physicians