Pulmonary Critical Care Physician
Success Happens When You Start With Your People
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Pulmonary/Critical Care Teaching Opportunity Available in Southern California!
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
Long Beach Medical Center is a 408-bed teaching hospital & level II trauma center, which operates like a level I trauma center without neurosurgery. They are a referral center for neuro patients and a high-risk maternal center. This is an opportunity to practice in the whole scope of our specialty, including critical care, pulmonary, and sleep medicine. Long Beach Medical Center consistently achieves national accolades for providing quality care and is recognized as a major regional provider of medical and surgical services. Their state-of-the-art electronic medical record system ensures patients receive the best, safest possible care.
- 48-bed, Open ICU; Medical, surgical, cardiovascular, and neuro patients
- Team of 6 intensivists and experienced nursing staff
- High complexity cardiovascular program
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Schedule: Day shift M-F, 12-hour shifts with call from home every third weekend
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Awards and Recognitions
- One of the U.S. top 125 hospitals by Consumers’ CHECKBOOK
- Named Top 100 Hospitals Cardiovascular by Thomson Reuters
- One of “America’s Best Hospitals” for Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report magazine
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine and pulmonary medicine
- Prior experience treating cardio-vascular critical care patients
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Long Beach is a beautiful, vibrant beachfront community located ½ hour from Los Angeles. Numerous unique dining and shopping destinations mixed with eclectic neighborhoods, arts and culture, history, family-friendly activities, and endless sports and recreation opportunities in this urban waterfront playground. Enjoy a live performance at the Long Beach Performing Arts Center, home to the Long Beach Symphony Orchestra, or enjoy a fun family day at the Long Beach Aquarium. Catalina Island, Disneyland, and Universal Studios Hollywood are all a short car drive away.