Post Acute Physician (SNFist)
Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
With a high-touch approach, Sound helps ensure proper progress on a plan of care and identify any early warning signs for readmissions. As part of our comprehensive episode of care strategy, our team of SNFist physicians manages the care of our patients discharged from our hospitalist programs. The SNF team will be completely aligned and integrated with the physician hospitalist practice at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. One of the largest nonprofit academic medical centers in the U.S., Cedars-Sinai has clinical programs ranging from primary care to specialized treatments for rare, complex, and advanced illnesses. In addition, Cedars-Sinai serves the community through its Medical Network and through wide-ranging programs that improve the health of the most vulnerable residents of Los Angeles.
- Responsible for admissions and for executing the post-discharge plan of care
- Responsible for ensuring safe discharge to home from the skilled nursing facilities
- Provide a true continuum of care to our patients alongside our facility partners
- Competitive compensation
- Our post-acute program will provide extensive administrative and logistical support to the providers as well as portable technology and flexible scheduling
- SNFist position is primarily M-F and working one weekend a month
- Local area travel required – visiting approximately 1-3 SNF’s a day
- Access to SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of the Post Acute Physician
- MD or DO required
- Preference is given to board-certified or board-eligible internal medicine physicians
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working with the geriatric population in a post-acute setting
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Familiar and skilled with using EMRs
Location & Lifestyle
Coined the “City of Angels,” Los Angeles residents enjoy a Mediterranean climate, excellent school systems, and unmatched beauty. LA is a melting pot that has something to offer to all cultures and backgrounds. LA is the epicenter of the entertainment industry, is home to 9 professional sports teams, and 15+ beaches, a perfect place to set roots. White Memorial sits in the Art District, just a few miles from Staples Center, Dodger Stadium, and beautiful Echo Park.