Post-Acute Medical Director – Northern Michigan
Full-time Post Acute Medical Director for our Grandvue and Meadowbrook facilities in Northern Michigan
Join Sound’s Post Acute Northern Michigan team. We provide post-acute Monday – Friday coverage for over 20 locations throughout Northern Michigan. No weekends nor holiday shifts. There is a shared on-call amongst all providers.
With a high-touch approach, Sound helps ensure proper progress on a plan of care and identify early warning signs for readmissions. Our post-acute program will provide extensive administrative and logistical support to the providers as well as portable technology and flexible scheduling.
- Provide a true continuum of care to our patients alongside our facility partners
- Schedule: 4 days a week Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm
- Local area travel required – visiting approximately 1-2 SNF’s a day
- MD or DO is required; Board-certification in internal medicine or family medicine
- Access to SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Through People, We Make A Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
- You will perform intake H&Ps, formulate and order appropriate treatment plans and interface with facility nursing and ancillary staff, patients, and families
- Collaborate with and oversee NP/PAs who perform routine, periodic, and as-needed visits
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Dedicated physician-led team for professional education through in-person and online modules on the SoundInstitute™ with a great emphasis on learning and development
- Develop into a Sound Physicians partner through Path to Partnership™
Location & Lifestyle
Bellaire is a beautiful village in Nothern Michigan. Bellaire is surrounded by lakes, rivers, and protected forests. It is located near Torch Lake, Lake Michigan, and just under an hour away from Traverse City. Boating, hiking, golf, mountain biking, skiing, and snowmobiling are some of the most popular outdoor activities.