Post Acute Medical Director
Join the next generation of physician leaders!
Sound Physicians is seeking exceptional candidates for an opportunity to lead one of our transitional care programs in Traverse City, Michigan. Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year. Our model is designed to ensure you have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that enables our organization to drive improved outcomes.
- You will perform intake H&Ps, formulate and order appropriate treatment plans and interface with facility nursing and ancillary staff, patients, and families
- Collaborate with and oversee NP/PAs who perform routine, periodic, and as-needed visits
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Dedicated physician-led team for professional education through in-person and online modules on the SoundInstitute™ with a great emphasis on learning and development
- Develop into a Sound Physicians partner through Path to Partnership™
Join a collegial practice where you will thrive
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- Work in a team-centered environment
- Shared on-call among all providers
- Schedule: 4 – 5 days per week; 8 am – 5 pm
- PTO and paid holidays
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants continued growth and development, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.
- Board-certified in internal medicine or family medicine
- Active MI license or in the process of applying
Location & Lifestyle
Located on Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay, Traverse City is the economic and cultural hub of northern lower Michigan. It has a national reputation as one of the most desirable communities in which to live and work. Four seasons of outdoor recreation from boating, biking, golfing to skiing. There is extensive culture and arts with the world-renowned Interlochen Center for the Arts, Dennos Art Museum, Art galleries, and art festivals, including the National Cherry Festival. It is also an award-winning food and wine destination.