Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physician (Part-time)
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Frederick Memorial Hospital opened in 1902 and is the only pediatric, acute care hospital in Western Maryland. The hospital offers advanced surgical services and state-of-the-art care in a variety of disciplines that are new to the Frederick Community, including the Da Vinci Surgical System. They were named “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” by The Joint Commission and have a $200 million dollar PEDS ED under construction.
- 298-bed, acute care, community hospital with 18 observation beds
- Pediatric ED/Inpatient Combined Unit: 14,000 pediatric visits; Inpatient unit with volumes from 0-7 patients per day, and an average of 1 patient per day with an average stay of 1 day; No PICU
- High acuity ED (25%)
- Neonatologist on-site 24hrs; No deliveries, no newborns
- Integrated care program – Sound manages the hospitalist, critical care, and emergency medicine services
- Part-time opportunity available
- Board-certified in pediatrics with 1+ years of experience required
- PALS certification required
Hospital emergency departments have become the source of the majority of hospital admissions, so continually striving to improve outcomes in the emergency department is key to a hospital’s success. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to the ICU to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between emergency medicine, critical care, and hospital medicine teams are imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs, and improve clinical performance, and patient experience.
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? We are looking for an emergency medicine physician who is passionate about embracing innovation. Sound Physicians brings leadership, organization, technology, and process to confront the pain points that every emergency department must contend with today including reducing avoidable readmissions, managing patients who make frequent ED visits, implementing efficient workflows, and a commitment to delivering a positive clinician and patient experience.
- Commitment to our front-line clinicians
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Clinician-specific performance feedback
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- Data-driven physician dashboards with automated analytics
- Optimized daily workflows and optimized scheduling
- Compliance support
Location & Lifestyle
Located less than an hour from Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Gettysburg, the city of Frederick, Maryland is surrounded by mountain views, scenic walking trails, wineries, orchards, and a vibrant downtown.
- Surrounded by mountain views, wineries, orchards, and vibrant Main Street communities
- Visitors can hike on the Appalachian Trail, visit Maryland’s largest brewery, and tour a battlefield all in one day