Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physician – Savannah, GA
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for Sound Physicians at Dwayne and Cynthia Willett Children’s Hospital – Memorial Health University Medical Center located in coastal Savannah, Georgia. I have been with Sound for over 15 years and am proud of the pediatric emergency medicine practice we have built.
We welcome interest from board-certified or eligible pediatric emergency medicine physicians coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are an established and growing team of seven pediatric emergency medicine physicians and five advanced practice providers. Our emergency medicine colleagues, consisting of over 20 physicians, also support our team.
- Our team places a high value on stability, fostering a close-knit environment both in and outside the workplace. An exceptional testament to our cohesion is our 20-year streak without the need for locum assistance, showcasing our team’s consistent reliability and dedication.
- Our team joined Sound due to the family-like atmosphere and the culture of inclusivity.
- The new free-standing Children’s Hospital of Savannah houses an 18-bed, state-of-the-art pediatric emergency department with full subspecialty support.
- We are a Level I Trauma Center and teaching facility affiliated with the Mercer School of Medicine. Our team does bedside rounding with pediatric and family medicine residents.
- The pediatric emergency department currently has a volume of 30K pediatric visits per year and has experienced consistent annual growth over the past five years.
- Our physicians are employed and offered comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Growth and development are key features of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- Our team’s dedication to the community is exemplified through active involvement in outreach and volunteering initiatives, such as Light the Night at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, local sports team support, Humane Society, and Habitat for Humanity, showcasing our commitment to making a positive impact beyond our workplace.
Savannah is a city rich in history, charm, and Southern hospitality. The Historic District of Savannah is alive and buzzing with creativity and culture, all within minutes of the beach. It is easy to enjoy art and entertainment, award-winning cuisine, and vast array of activities along with great coastal living.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, Caroline McLean, who will put you in touch with me.
Brian Coleman, MD