OB Chief Anesthesiologist for Providence Portland Medical Center in Portland, OR
Sound Anesthesia has an exciting Chief of OB Anesthesiologist opportunity in our newest practice in Portland, OR later this year. Providence Portland Medical Center is a 483-bed, not-for-profit, acute care teaching hospital in Portland, Oregon. It is part of Providence Health & Services, a regional health system with hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare services in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, California, and Hawaii. It is home to a variety of medical and surgical services including Cancer care, Heart and Vascular Care, Neurosciences, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine, Transplants, and Women and Children’s Services. Accolades for the hospital include: Magnet Recognized for nursing excellence, Ranked one of the best hospitals in 2022-2023 by U.S. News, Awarded an A for patient safety by The Leapfrog Group, and accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Orthopedics, General, OB/GYN, Neuro, Vascular
- Responsible for OB coverage only; 24-hour OB shifts
- (2) 24 hour shifts weekly (on average)
- OB Fellowship preferred or extensive OB experience within the past two years
- Will have dedicated OB Physicians and CRNAs; no one to work over 24 hours at a time
- 1099 and W2 compensation options available
- Competitive W2 compensation ranging from $718,000 – $793,000
- Additional chief stipend of $25,000 annually
- Up to $75,000 commencement bonus available
- 13 weeks of scheduled time off
- Group paid MedMal
- CME reimbursements
- Full comprehensive benefits + 401k
- Available for full-time physicians only; Path to Partnership™
- Sound does not have non-competes for 1099 or W2
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact by creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Portland, Oregon is a city known for its vibrant culture, stunning natural beauty, and laid-back lifestyle. It is home to a diverse population of over 650,000 people and is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the United States. It is home to a vibrant arts and culture scene, with everything from world-class museums and theaters to independent bookstores and coffee shops. Portland is known for its diversity and welcoming communication where people from all walks of life can come together. Outside of the city itself, there are endless opportunities for hiking, biking, camping, fishing, and boating for outdoor enthusiasts.
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth