Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Swing Shift)
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
CarolinaEast Health System has been providing exceptional services to New Bern, North Carolina, and surrounding areas for more than 55 years. Along with a 350-bed state-of-the-art inpatient facility, CarolinaEast Health System includes a diagnostic center, surgery center, CarolinaEast Home Care, a rehabilitation hospital, and wound healing and hyperbaric services. Together this family of services touches more than 400,000 lives a year.
- An established team of 19 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and two clinical performance nurses
- No call environment
- Hospitalists run codes
- Co-managed closed ICU during the day, open at night; No procedures required
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Awards & Recognitions
- Newsweek – #5 Best in State Hospital (2021); #115 Worlds Best Hospital (2021)
- Business North Carolina Magazine – #6 Top Hospital in North Carolina (2021)
- Women’s Choice Awards -America’s Best Hospital Patient Experience; Patient Safety (2022)
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within NP/PA scope of practice
- A current, unrestricted license with at least one year of hospitalist experience required
Location and Lifestyle
Once the capital of North Carolina and the birthplace of Pepsi-Cola, New Bern offers an adventure for everyone! This 300-year-old city is a history buff’s dream with guided tours by both land and boat and historic downtown filled with cafes, art galleries, and antique stores. Located directly on the water, New Bern offers an array of water activities for the entire family including boating, fishing, kayaking, and canoeing. North Carolina is home to some of the best golfing in the country and New Bern is home to 6 fantastic courses that will challenge even the most avid golfer. Want to get away? Coastal Carolina Regional Airport is located just 3 miles from New Bern’s central business district and has direct flights to Atlanta and Charlotte daily. But with all New Bern has to offer – what more is there to enjoy?
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
When you join Sound, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling that mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so that our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians