Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Manistee, MI
To prospective teammates,
I’m the System Medical Director for Munson Healthcare Manistee Hospital located in Manistee, Michigan. I have been a part of Sound Medical Group for nine years. I’m proud of the hospitalist practice we have built and welcome interest from advanced practice providers (APPs) desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are a closely knit, established team of two advanced practice providers (APPs), with the support of a System Medical Director and a discharge planner nurse.
- Our team members hail from diverse backgrounds, have experienced regional rotations or vacations, and have expressed a desire to become integral members of the Lake Michigan community.
- In this 25-bed hospital, we are all very involved in the community and hospital.
- We practice independently in an observation unit. As there is a lack of specialty support at this site, our patients are typically of lower acuity.
- We have a great relationship with and work closely with the ED providers and the local orthopedic and general surgical groups.
- We work 12-hour shifts. We do not work a strict seven-on-off schedule but work as a team to arrive at a schedule that works well for both providers while still meeting our contracted number of shifts.
- We often facilitate the transfer of patients to our regional centers for a higher level of care.
- We use Cerner Powerchart for an EMR at this site.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
More about our community: The Manistee area is perfect for those who love the outdoors. It is home to the Manistee National Forest, with endless hunting and fishing opportunities. Our team members also love spending time on the beach and enjoying all that Lake Michigan and the surrounding waters offer. There are also many opportunities to enjoy the winter with a ski resort nearby and endless hiking, cross-country skiing, and snowshoe trails to enjoy.
To learn more, please get in touch with my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Paul Cunningham, PA-C,
System Medical Director