Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Saint Joseph Hospital, Lexington’s first hospital, remains the first choice for health care today. Founded in 1877, it has grown into a 433-bed medical center, with a full range of services, including the national award-winning Heart Institute and leading-edge da Vinci robotic surgery. Also known as Lexington’s “heart hospital”, Saint Joseph has been nationally recognized for treatment in the areas of cardiology, orthopedics, and stroke, by Thomson Reuters and U.S. News and World Report.
- Team of 16 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists run codes on their own patients
- No call environment
- 50 bed open ICU with 24/7 intensivist coverage; No procedures required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Kentucky; Acute care certification preferred
- 1 year of inpatient experience preferred; New grads welcome to apply!
Location & Lifestyle
Lexington, the second-largest city in Kentucky, is known as the “Horse Capital of the World” and it sits in the heart of the state’s Bluegrass region. With a metro area of about 500,000, it is the location of the Kentucky Horse Park, The Red Mile, and Keeneland race courses, Rupp Arena, the world’s largest basketball-specific arena, Transylvania University, the University of Kentucky, and Bluegrass Community & Technical College. Living in Lexington, you are only an easy drive away from Louisville, KY, Cincinnati, OH, and Knoxville, TN!