Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Critical Care – Frederick, MD
To our prospective teammates,
I’m the ICU Medical Director for Frederick Health located in Frederick, MD. I’ve been a part of Sound Medical Group for three years and part of the ICU practice at Frederick Health for five years. I’m proud of the intensive care practice we’ve built and welcome interest from experienced Acute Care NPs or Physician Assistants looking to make a career change. I’d like to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your options:
- We are a closely-knit team of four physicians and two advanced practice providers.
- Our team is comprised of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who lean on and learn from each other in their approach to patient care.
- Within the hospital, we work closely with our colleagues in other departments to ensure a smooth transition of care. Many of us are active in several committees including stroke, sepsis, and practice guidelines.
- Located in Frederick, Maryland, our community offers a rich quality of life, a strong sense of community, and a perfect balance between urban and natural attractions. Our historic downtown area boasts a vibrant arts and culture scene, with numerous shops, restaurants, and galleries to explore. The city is nestled amid picturesque landscapes, including the stunning Catoctin Mountains and the Monocacy River. Frederick’s strategic location makes it convenient to drive to both Baltimore and Washington, D.C. We have the best-rated public school district in the state.
- Our 20-bed ICU is closed and we primarily care for med/surg patients. Our ICU facility is brand-new, having opened in the Fall of 2022. We have one Intensivist during the day and one Intensivist at night. Monday-Friday there is an APP that works alongside the Intensivist during the day.
- For a community hospital, we have excellent subspecialty support. Sound manages the Emergency Medicine and Hospitalist services as well and we help each other to provide the best possible patient care. In July 2023 Frederick Health was named a winner of the “Best Places to Work Award.”
- The schedule is Monday-Friday from 7a-3p (days only, no weekends). Part-time option is available.
- ADC of 12-16 patients per day between the Intensivist and Advanced Practice Provider. APP usually sees about 1/3 of the patients and performs ICU procedures.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- We value and support growth and development in our hospital medicine practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and support involvement and contributions to community health and wellness in and out of the hospital
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Jon Henesch, MD
ICU Program Medical Director