Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Ascension St. John Jane Phillips is a level III trauma center in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, and part of the larger Ascension St. John health system. Delivering 24/7 emergency care, Ascension St. John Jane Phillips is a destination for specialty care – including heart, and stroke care, orthopedics, sleep diagnostics, wound care, and women’s health.
Ascension St. John Jane Phillips has been named a top 20 rural community hospital, and a top 100 hospital. The hospital has been named among the nation’s top-performing hospitals for the treatment of heart attack patients and received the Mission Lifeline Award, an award for the Diabetes and Nutrition Center self-management education program, recognized by American Diabetes Association. The hospital has also earned the “Excellence in Healthcare” award from the Professional Research Consultants and the platinum recognition for workplace partnership for life.
- 96-bed, community hospital
- 8-bed ICU
- Team of 2 advanced practice providers
- Sound Physicians also provides hospital medicine services at Ascension St. John Jane Phillips
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying critical care and hospital medicine programs under the Sound umbrella, we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in the communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when both the critical care and hospital medicine programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine, and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical and surgical patients
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- A current, unrestricted license
Location & Lifestyle
Bartlesville is a growing suburban community located about 50 miles north of Tulsa. Offering a wide variety of options for housing, schools, and recreation, you will have the convenience of a large metropolitan area with the comforts of a welcoming community.