Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus, part of the larger Bayhealth system, the largest health system in central and southern Delaware, is a 317-bed community hospital offering the residents of Central Delaware high-end healthcare, close to home. Bayhealth’s Kent Campus is home to robust cardiac, surgical, and neurosurgical departments as well as a growing GME community. In 2021 Internal Medicine and Family Medicine residencies started with General Surgery starting this year and Emergency Medicine is set to start in 2024.
Bayhealth, Kent Campus offers a full complement of sub-specialty support including Cardiovascular and Thoracic specialists who are proficient in the latest treatments and surgeries. Onsite imaging and interventional services are available as well as a Neuro Intensive Care Unit with Neurosurgeons onsite. A Certified Primary Stroke Center and ANCC Magnet Hospital, the Kent Campus brings the highest levels of care to the communities they serve.
- Team of 3 physicians and 3 advanced practitioners
- Integrated care program – Sound manages the emergency medicine department as well as the TeleICU coverage
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in DE
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Location & Lifestyle
The historic charm of downtown Dover and easy access to Baltimore, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and New York City are just a few of the benefits of living in beautiful Central Delaware. Beaches, cultural destinations and endless outdoor activities are available for residents to enjoy and explore. Dover is the second-largest city in the state of Delaware and serves as the state capital.