Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Montefiore Mount Vernon Hospital is located in Mount Vernon, NY and is part of the larger Montefiore Health System, and has proudly served its community for more than 100 years. Montefiore Mount Vernon offers multiple levels of care including ambulatory, inpatient, and critical care services with the support of dedicated specialists both onsite and through the Montefiore system. The hospital’s 6-bed ICU provides care for the sickest of patients. Experienced Critical Care Advanced Practice Providers will act as the primary provider in partnership with Sound’s experienced critical care physicians via Sound Critical Care’s Tele-ICU service.
- 121-bed community-based hospital
- Team of 4 advanced practice providers
- No call environment
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical and surgical patients
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- A current, unrestricted license in NY; Minimum of 3 years of critical care NP/PA experience
Location & Lifestyle
Mount Vernon, NY is in Westchester County, New York, and is considered a suburb of New York City. Mount Vernon is just north of the Bronx and offers easy access to the upstate as well as NYC.