Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care
Critical Care APP Opportunity in Owasso, Oklahoma
Ascension St. John Owasso provides 24/7 emergency and inpatient surgical care as a level IV trauma center. Offering advanced imaging and emergency surgical care, close to home, Ascension St. John Owasso is part of the larger Ascension St. John health system.
Ascension St. John Owasso is an award-winning hospital, dedicated to continuously improving the level of care provided in the community. A proud recipient of a Five-Star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Ascension St. John’s dedication to patient care and quality is nationally recognized and continues to lead the way to compassionate patient care.
- 36-bed, not-for-profit hospital
- 4-bed ICU
- Team of 2 advanced practice providers
- Sound Physicians also provides Hosptial Medicine and TeleICU services
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying critical care and hospital medicine programs under the Sound umbrella, we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in the communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when both the critical care and hospital medicine programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical and surgical patients
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- A current, unrestricted license; Minimum of 5 years of acute care NP/PA experience
Location & Lifestyle
Owasso is a growing suburban community is the largest northern suburb of Tulsa. Residing in both Tulsa and Rogers counties, Owasso boasts a lower cost of living and has seen a recent boom in retail and housing development. Quality of life is a priority in Owasso and this welcoming community offers countless opportunities to grow personally and professionally.