ICU Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (PT)
Part-time ICU Acute Care NP or PA Opportunity in Berkeley, California
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus serves integrated, quality care to the residents of Berkley and surrounding Northern San Francisco Bay communities. Alta Bates is recognized by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center, providing exceptional stroke care to patients.
- 347-bed, non-profit hospital
- Team of 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- 30-bed ICU; medical, surgical, and neuro patients
- Focused care for high-risk OB/GYN and neurological patients
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- $158,400 annual clinical salary based on an average of 10 day shifts per month (12 hr shifts)
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you in providing the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine, and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical and surgical patients
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license; ACNP or PA with active BLS/ACLS certification required
- Minimum 1 year of ACNP or ACPA ICU experience
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Location & Lifestyle
Berkeley is home to the University of California, Berkley, and is located on the East side of the San Francisco Bay. A destination for travelers worldwide, Berkeley is home to a diverse and eclectic mix of outdoor enthusiasts, artists, philosophers, and culinary seekers. Berkeley is the capital of culinary and home to many highly acclaimed restaurants. Shopping, fine arts venues, and museums round out the experience to make Berkeley a welcoming community with something to offer everyone.