Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
A Collegial Practice That Works For You
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Our Lady of Lourdes, one of the largest community hospitals in the tri-cities area of New York with 267 beds, is a designated stroke center and home to the region’s first comprehensive cancer center. The main campus also includes a hospice program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, ICU, and state-of-the-art ED that cares for more than 40,000 patients annually. In addition to robust ancillary support, Our Lady of Lourdes is a growing teaching hospital. Sound’s hospitalists serve as attending physicians to residents and medical interns from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. This is a unique opportunity to teach and impact residents in a private practice setting.
- Established team of 14 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse (includes dedicated nocturnists)
- Co-managed ICU with Intensivists, Hospitalist round ICU during a rotation block
- No procedures required; No call environment
- EMR: Cerner with Dragon for dictation
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off, 7am-7pm
- No cost APP Hospitalist training for AGACNP or ACNPs
- Highly lucrative salary plus productivity/RVU bonuses, commencement bonus, and relocation
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #21 in U.S News & World Report of America’s best hospitals for 2017-18
- The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognized Lourdes as a “Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus facility.”
- Magnet recognition for Nursing Excellence
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Ability to work autonomously (with ample support when needed)
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in New York; AGACNP / ACNP or FNP with inpatient acute care med-surge experience
Location & Lifestyle
Binghamton is a midsize University town and the birthplace of IBM. The city has a thriving art community and serves as a regional hub for outdoor activities with miles of hiking and biking trails, as well as PGA golf courses. The community’s cost of living is 10% below the national average, and the public and parochial schools are nationally ranked. Binghamton University, part of the SUNY system, has been ranked in the top 50 public universities for the last 10 years. Recreation and leisure activities are plentiful in Binghamton’s four-season climate and include excellent dining, museums, minor league baseball and hockey, opera, galleries, and historic landmarks.