Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Sante Fe, NM
To our prospective teammates,
I’m the Hospitalist Medical Director at Presbyterian Santa Fe Medical Center in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We are growing our physician and advanced practice provider (APP) team and are looking for new colleagues to join our team. We welcome recent graduates as well as seasoned clinicians. I’d like to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your next steps:
- We are a team of eight physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs).
- Our team comprises clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds.
- Within the hospital, we work closely with our colleagues in other departments to ensure a smooth transition of care.
- The schedule involves working seven consecutive days followed by seven days off, or an average of 15 monthly shifts. During the day shift, one medical doctor (MD) and one nurse practitioner (NP) are on duty. At night, there is one MD on duty.
- There will be a provider for hospital medicine patients with ortho and general surgery consults.
- You’ll have the opportunity to conduct procedures and provide care in the intensive care unit (ICU). Additionally, collaborating in managing ICU patients alongside the attending physician is possible.
- The hospital has four ICU beds, and we work in an open ICU environment.
- Your daily role is to provide care to your list of patients, communicate with nurses and patients, participate in interdisciplinary rounds, etc.
- We use EPIC EMR and access Sound Physicians’ internal informatics platform.
- Expected base salary for this position is $140K with a 10K sign-on bonus. Relocation is available if needed.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- The health and well-being of our patients is what matters most.
- We value and support growth and development in our hospital medicine practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and support involvement and contributions to community health and wellness in and out of the hospital.
Santa Fe, New Mexico, is a captivating place to call home, renowned for its rich cultural heritage and distinctive adobe architecture. The city’s vibrant arts scene, including numerous galleries and the famous Santa Fe Opera, adds to its charm. Residents appreciate the diverse cuisine, historic landmarks like the Palace of the Governors, and the breathtaking landscapes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. With a thriving arts community, a solid commitment to preserving its cultural identity, and a welcoming atmosphere, Santa Fe provides a one-of-a-kind living experience for those seeking a blend of history, art, and natural beauty.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Steve Brizendine, MD
Hospitalist Medical Director