Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Manchester Memorial Hospital is a 249-bed acute care, community hospital celebrating the centennial of its founding in 1920. Along with Rockville General Hospital, Manchester Memorial is an affiliate of Eastern Connecticut Health Network, an established organization dedicated to serving the communities of greater Hartford since 1997. The hospital offers a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, strong sub-specialty presence, newly renovated patient rooms, and is also home to a family medicine residency program
- Team of 10 physicians, 1 advanced practitioner, and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU with excellent specialty back-up; No procedures required
- No call environment
- No codes; Physicians are responsible for codes
- Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Benefits include 3 weeks of PTO each year with an attractive base salary
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Connecticut (NP/PA); will consider Family Practice or Geriatric certification with recent acute care, inpatient experience
- Not open to new grads –1+ years of practicing experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Manchester is surrounded by thousands of acres of parkland and has all the charm of a small town but with easy access to a large city. Just 15 minutes from downtown Hartford, the area boasts award-winning school systems, affordable living options, excellent restaurants, and easy travel to major cities such as New York or Boston.