Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, and patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
- Established team with 12 physicians and 6 advanced practitioners
- ED runs codes
- No call environment
- Open ICU
- No procedures required
- Full and part-time schedules available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in WA. New grads are encouraged to apply!
Location & Lifestyle
Just a short drive from Seattle, you will enjoy awe-inspiring natural wonders that frame the area with views of Mount Rainier popping up all around western Washington while the seemingly endless shoreline of Puget Sound provides glistening water views with a backdrop of majestic mountain ranges peppering the scenery. Life here delivers an unimaginable variety – hiking mountain trails, world-renowned shopping, and outdoor recreation, amazing global dining with fresh, local seafood, unique Pacific Northwest cuisine, arts and culture, and nationally recognized museums. From Seattle’s bustling neighborhoods and rich diversity to Tacoma’s vibrant, urban core alive with culture and historic homes to Puyallup’s scenic great outdoors, and family-friendly neighborhoods, there are a plethora of area options to fit anyone’s lifestyle.