Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
Advanced Practice Provider – No Call – No Procedures
Nash General Hospital, a partner of UNC Health Care, is a 282-bed, non-profit, community hospital serving Edgecombe and Nash County since 1971. UNC Nash is continually growing to provide high-quality healthcare services and has been recognized as Gold Performance for chest pain. UNC Healthcare has been recognized by Forbes as a part of its best large employers list for 2023 and was named by Beckers as one of the 150 top places to work in healthcare.
- Established team of 18 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Open ICU; day – round with Intensivist; Night – teleICU
- No procedures required
- Hospitalists run codes
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off; 7a-7p
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within the NP/PA scope of practice
- A current, unrestricted license in North Carolina
- New grads are welcome to apply!
Location & Lifestyle
Located just 1 hour east of Raleigh, you will enjoy a diverse southern community with all the amenities of city living! Home to many top-tier institutions, Raleigh proudly boasts in its culture, heritage, art, and education! Whether you enjoy the mountains or beaches, North Carolina offers access to various landscapes to explore and appreciate at any level from novice to expert outdoorsmen!