Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
Part of the Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare provider in the United States, the state-of-the-art facility boasts the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers. The hospital has been recognized as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures and is an accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence. AdventHealth earned a Gallup Great Workplace Award for the sixth year in a row.
- 100-bed community hospital
- Established team with 14 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No procedures required
- Co-managed ICU; Intensivist during the day, on call at night
- Intensivist program during the day; nocturnist admits to ICU, intensivist follows in the morning
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within the APP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted nurse practitioner license in Florida; prefer one year of acute in-patient experience as an APP
- BLS and ACLS with DEA required
Location & Lifestyle
Palm Coast is situated on 26 miles of saltwater canals and 53 miles of freshwater canals and steps away from the Intracoastal Waterway and the pristine Atlantic Ocean beaches. Florida. People move to this vibrant city to enhance their quality of life in a thriving, peaceful environment. Palm Coast has blossomed into a flourishing destination for visitors looking for magnificent hiking/biking trails, sports activities, and outdoor enthusiasts. Located between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach along the scenic A1A River and the River to Sea Preserve, Palm Coast offers a perfect mix of golf resorts and lush nature preserves. Whether you love to play golf or fish in the Intracoastal Waterway the quality of life is exceptional; indulge in a rejuvenating spa treatment or stroll through formal gardens. Nearby marshlands and estuaries harbor rare and endangered birds along Florida’s Great Birding Trail, such as the roseate spoonbill, wood stork, great blue heron, and osprey. Palm Coast offers a great family life with schools committed to excellence.