Nurse Practitioner – Critical Care
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital, a 391-bed, tertiary care facility located in Richmond’s West End, has been serving the central Virginia patient population for more than 40 years. As part of the Bon Secours Richmond Health System and the larger Bon Secours Health System which serves communities in six states, St. Mary’s is home to multiple centers of excellence including heart failure, hip and knee joint replacement and primary stroke. The health system is dedicated to serving those in need through ministry and world-class care in every aspect.
- Team of 7 physicians and 5 advanced practitioners
- 36-bed ICU with medical, surgical, neuro, and cardiovascular patients (VV-VA ECMO)
- Procedure proficiency required
- No call environment
- Modified block schedule with 12-hour shifts
Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital is the recipient of many awards and recognitions related to the high level of quality of care that they provide including an “A” from the Leapfrog Group for Hospital Safety in the spring of 2020 and being the only non-academic facility to earn recognition as an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center in a four-state region by The Joint Commission. They are also the recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: StrokeSM Honor Roll Elite and was named one of the Nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals and is part of the larger Bon Secours Heart Care team serving the greater Richmond area. St. Mary’s Hospital was the first community hospital in Richmond to achieve Magnet Recognition in 2008 and proudly continues that designation year after year.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians. As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU to include procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical, surgical, cardiac and neuro patients (LVAD, ECMO, TAVR, etc)
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in VA and active BLS/ACLS certification
- Minimum 3 years of practice experience as NP required with recent critical care experience
Location & Lifestyle
Richmond, Virginia is one of the countries fastest growing communities and offers residents the convenience and culture of a metropolitan lifestyle as well as endless recreational options. The James River is one of Richmond’s most unique attractions and boasts 550 acres of scenic shorelines and islands with an idyllic riverfront that lends to the ultimate outdoor lifestyle. Richmond is home to many unique cultural centers that offer something special for everyone. Outdoor concerts and festivals, a children’s museum, art galleries, golf courses, craft breweries, wine bars, and endless shopping choices are dotted throughout the region. Foodies are drawn to Richmond for the diverse and artistically designed restaurants that are spread throughout the city and outlying communities. Simply put, Richmond has it all!