Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Days) – Binghamton, NY
To our prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for the Sound Physicians hospital medicine program at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, New York. I’m proud of the practice we’ve built and welcome interest from nurse practitioners and physician assistants looking to make a career change. I’d like to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your options:
- We’re a welcoming, resilient team of 18 physicians and four advanced practice providers (APPs), who work closely with other hospital staff and departments to bring the best possible quality of care to our patients.
- Our team is comprised of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who are supportive and have a collaborative nature with other staff and departments.
- Many of us are active on hospital committees, which helps solidify our relationships with specialists and our very supportive C-suite.
- I believe in being a transformative leader who supports and collaborates with their team.
- Our clinical performance nurse assists you in the process of providing a high-quality patient care experience.
- Binghamton is an affordable university town, tucked into the Appalachian Mountains, providing a laid-back lifestyle with all the amenities of a big city.
- The hospital has a co-managed ICU with intensivist support; however, as an APP you will not be required to see patients in the ICU. We’re expanding and adding to our team, so we’re looking for board-certified APPs who have hospitalist experience/training. Nurse practitioners and physician assistants are welcome to apply.
- The facility is a community hospital consisting of 197 beds and has excellent subspecialty support. With the size of the hospital, you have the opportunity to get to know the hospital staff and specialists.
- As a day APP on our team, you’ll perform rounds, admissions, and discharges as well as participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds. Our team performs geographic rounding, and no procedures are required.
- Our hospitalist team is part of the rapid response and code team — we’re all certified in basic life support and advanced cardiovascular life support. The intensivists will provide support.
- Our team meets monthly to keep everyone abreast of what is going on in the field of medicine, at the hospital, and with Sound Physicians.
- Our schedule is week on/week off, but alternative options will be considered.
- We work in Cerner with Dragon for dictation, and we have access to our own internal informatics platform.
- Compensation is $170,000 per year based on 182-day shifts. We also offer a productivity incentive. You receive a higher shift rate when you work more than your scheduled shifts.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance. You have the ability to secure your future with our Path to Partnership track.
- We put patients first. Always.
- I came to Sound Physicians because of our focus on great patient care and outcomes as well as our clinical/operational commitment to providing resources and support to clinicians.
- We value and support growth and development in our hospital medicine practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Travis Sewalls
Hospitalist Medical Director