Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
University of New Mexico Hospital is the state’s academic health center in New Mexico, focusing on care for the most complex health needs in the Southwest. UNMH is the primary teaching hospital for the UNM School of Medicine, which means your care team is on the cutting edge of medical research, technology, clinical trials, and specialty patient care.
UNMH is a Level 1 Trauma Center with a dedicated Children’s Hospital.
- 618-bed not-for-profit hospital
- The Hospitalist team consists of 10 physicians and 8 advanced practitioners
- Code team runs rapids and code blues; hospitalists run codes on their own patients
- Closed ICU
- No procedures required
- Full and part-time schedules are available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
As an advanced practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in New Mexico; acute care experience and certification as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant is required
Location & Lifestyle
Albuquerque is a vibrant city filled with diverse cultures, unique and authentic art, traditions, cuisine, and world-class museums. As New Mexico’s largest and growing city, the richness of the land, people, architecture, and culture is undeniable. While growing at a steady pace, Albuquerque retains its neighborhood feel.
New Mexico’s majestic blue skies set against t the colorful and dramatic Sandia mountains, make this high desert city a playground for outdoors enthusiasts. With more than 300 days of sunshine along with the ski slopes, award-winning golf courses, and world-famous hot air ballooning, there is no shortage of adventure and inspiration in Albuquerque. The rich history and spacious landscapes make Albuquerque a wonderful place to live and thrive.
- UNMH has received the Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals Cancer Care
- UMNH is also a recipient of numerous other awards including the Digital Health Most Wired recognition as a certified level 7 organization, which is the 15th year recognized for this honor
- UNMH offers comprehensive and world-class services in all specialties including Cancer Care, Bariatrics, Women’s Health, Stroke, Center, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Behavioral Health, Pain Management, and more.