A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Join our Value-Based Hospitalist team where our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement where both the individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- 284-bed community-based hospital
- The team is comprised of 2 physicians and 1 Advanced Practice Provider which oversees the management of patients of specific contracted payor groups
- ER runs codes
- Open ICU with intensivist support
- No procedures
- Monday through Friday schedule
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Sound Physicians offers a hospitalist career path in value-based medicine for clinicians who want to focus on improving clinical outcomes and lowering total care costs. The Value-Based Hospitalist team can focus on a smaller cohort of patients in a comprehensive care model that puts the patients’ needs first and partners closely with the outpatient PCP. These teams work collaboratively with other care disciplines to maximize continuity of care and improve the patient experience.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the value-based hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the value-based hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Colorado; 1+ years of experience required as a nurse practitioner
Location and Lifestyle
Denver, the capital of Colorado, has 705,000 residents and is best known for its world-class cultural attractions, breweries, and being near the Rocky Mountains. Some of the top attractions in Denver include the Denver Art Museum, Red Rock Park and Amphitheatre, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, and the Denver Zoo. Whether you are interested in outdoor activities, a food connoisseur, or looking for family entertainment, you will be able to find it in this city.