A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into your new role. We support you in providing the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation.
St. Michael Medical Center, a 299-bed facility, just opened in 2020 and proudly builds on the rich legacy of care that began with the Harrison family more than 100 years ago. The premier medical center in Silverdale puts patients and families first. As part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health’s 10 hospitals and 230 specialty clinics system, St. Michael Medical Center welcomes, heals, and cares for Kitsap and Olympic Peninsula communities. The recent $500 million expansion offers the latest in technology, ecological design, and healing comfort.
- Established team with 16 physicians, two nurse practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 7 on/7 off-block schedule for continuity of care
- APPs work day shift 7 am-7 pm
- Closed ICU with full intensivist support; no procedures; no codes
- Comp range: $145K-$150K depending on experience
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- This position is open to nurse practitioners only
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel proud of their care. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in WA; acute care experience as NP required and 1-2 years of inpatient experience preferred