Nocturnist (FT or PT) – Patchogue, NY
To our prospective hospitalist teammate:
I’m the medical director for the Sound Physicians hospital medicine practice at NYU Langone Health Long Island Community Hospital (LICH) located in Patchogue, New York. The physicians on our hospitalist team are a source of pride for me, and I’m thrilled to know that you’re exploring the opportunity to join our thriving practice. As you contemplate your options, I’d like to provide you with more information about our people, practice, and purpose.
- We’re a closely knit, established team of 18 physicians and 8 advanced practice providers (APPs), with the support of a clinical performance nurse. On any given day, we have two teaching hospitalists, five non-teaching hospitalists, and one dedicated admitter.
- We manage three medical floors, and every floor has a dedicated APP to support floor attendings. At night, we have one physician and one APP. We have good staffing support on the floor to ensure high-quality care.
- Our team is from near and far — ranging from Pakistan to New York.
- Hospitalists are part of several hospital committees, ranging from peer review and readmission to the unit-based throughput committee.
- We believe in diversity and inclusion. We have hospitalists from different backgrounds and with a wide range of interests.
- We have dedicated 24/7 ICU attendings, and don’t require procedures. We have a dedicated rapid-response team that works alongside us to support the critical needs of patients.
- For those who like to teach, we work with APPs and residents from the LICH Internal Medicine Residency Program.
- Most of us like spending time with our families or exploring the outdoors, so schedules are flexible, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- $337,625 annual compensation
- Our top priority is always the well-being of our patients.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Zohaib Aftab