Hospitalist – Merrillville, IN
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for Sound’s hospitalist practice at Methodist Southlake Campus in Merrillville Indiana. I have proudly been a part of Sound for three years and welcome interest from physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are an established, close-knit group of six physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs) who join forces with other hospital staff and departments to bring the best possible quality of care to our patients.
- We are a very diverse team who come from all different geographical locations, backgrounds, and cultures. We collaborate and partner with each other to support and provide help.
- Our clinical performance nurse supports you in providing a high-quality patient care experience.
- We have a solid executive team that supports our group and what we are working to accomplish.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in an open ICU with intensivist coverage 24/7. All patients who come into the hospital are assigned to the hospitalist service, where we collaborate with our specialists to determine the best care path for each patient.
- We have intensivists onsite during the day and on-call at night.
- Our nocturnist is the solo clinician at night covering a 21-bed open ICU. We do not perform procedures, but we do run codes and rapids. You will be admitting to the ICU but do consult with an intensivist. We also have specialty support that can be at the hospital within minutes if necessary.
- Admissions at night range from 5-10.
- As a nocturnist, it is important to understand that some nights can be hectic, and some nights are quiet. Generally, nights are very manageable and similar to a community hospital feel.
- We do offer 7 on/off schedules but can be flexible as well.
- We work with Epic as our EMR system, and you would be cross-credentialed at our sister location in Gary.
- We are seeking a strong clinician looking for a place to learn and grow as a physician interested in supporting the community of Merrillville. Internal medicine and family medicine physicians are welcome to apply.
- Our compensation package is very competitive, and you can earn additional income through productivity and quality incentive bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is key feature of Sound’s practice, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Ujo Eko