Nocturnist – $75,000 Commencement Bonus – Alpena, MI
To prospective teammates,
I’m the co-medical director for Sound’s hospitalist practice at MyMichigan Medical Center in Alpena, Michigan. I have been a part of Sound for seven years and welcome interest from physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are a closely knit, established team of eight physicians and two advanced practice providers, with the support of a clinical performance nurse.
- Our team is diverse, with members hailing from both Michigan and distant locations, creating a vibrant and inclusive work environment.
- We value engagement within our team, offering various opportunities to align with your interests, such as participation in hospital committees.
- Alpena is located on the shores of Lake Huron. There is a laid-back lifestyle. We enjoy outdoor life, including hiking, biking, kayaking, scuba diving, golfing, hunting, and fishing. There are recreational activities for the whole family. We also enjoy festivals, life theater, historic landmarks, and year-round events.
- We proudly sponsor H1B and J1 visa candidates, and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists and our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid, and services are covered by Sound.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in a 10-bed open ICU. From 7 am to 7 pm, we have three physicians, with one of those physicians covering the ICU inpatients and one APP that practices independently. From 7 pm to 7 am, we have one nocturnist physician. Our nocturnist covers the ICU and averages 4-6 admissions. Our facility has a new patient tower as of 2022. We utilize the EPIC EMR system.
- Our hospitalist medicine program consistently serves as the “Role Model” within our health system for metrics, patient experience scores, outcomes, and innovation.
- For those who like to teach, we work with medical students, APPs, and residents from MyMichigan Family Medicine residency, MSU, CMU, GVSU, and more.
- Work-life balance is important to us all. Most of us like to spend time with our families or outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
More about our community: Alpena, Michigan, is cherished for its serene waterfront setting along Lake Huron, offering residents a picturesque backdrop for daily life. The town’s maritime heritage, preserved in attractions like the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary, adds cultural richness. With a friendly community spirit, diverse recreational options, and a balance between small-town charm and modern amenities, Alpena attracts residents looking for a peaceful yet engaging lifestyle in Michigan.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
James Decker, MD