Nocturnist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Las Vegas, NV
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
University Medical Center (UMC) is a non-profit 588-bed academic center, non-profit, a Level I trauma center, which was founded in 1931 and is affiliated with the University of Nevada School of Medicine. UMC serves the medical needs of Southern Nevada and parts of California, Utah, and Arizona as well as the millions of visitors to the fabulous Las Vegas region every year.
- Join an established team of 17 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- ED runs codes
- Intensivist manage closed ICU and procedures
- Flexible 7 on/7 off schedule
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within the NP/PA scope of practice
- New graduates are encouraged to apply; FNPs need one year of experience as a nurse practitioner
- Current, unrestricted license in NV
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Location & Lifestyle
Las Vegas is much more than the Strip and gaming. It is home to 2 million people in family-focused neighborhoods, and award-winning master-planned communities with a unique and wide variety of entertainment and five-star dining options. Las Vegas and the suburbs of Summerlin and Henderson are the fastest growing and have been voted the most livable cities because of the climate, and the amenities such as golfing, hiking, and even boating and camping at Lake Mead and nearby National Parks that can be enjoyed all year!
- One of the best International Airports in the US
- Low-cost living, housing, and no state income tax
- Endless entertainment and dining options and close proximity to California, Arizona, and Utah
- Unique outdoor adventures include Red Rock Canyon, Mount Charleston, Lake Mead, Valley of Fire State Park, and the National Parks of Utah and California within a short drive or flight