Nocturnist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – El Paso, TX
To prospective teammates,
I am the medical director for Sound’s hospital medicine program at The Hospitals of Sierra Campus in El Paso, Texas, where I have proudly served for 13 years. I welcome interest from physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or desiring a career change. I want to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are a closely knit, established team of 8 physicians and four advanced practice providers (APPs), with the support of a clinical performance nurse.
- Our diverse group comprises individuals from various backgrounds, providing exceptional collaboration within the team.
- Our hospitalist group actively engages in multiple hospital committees, reflecting our strong partnership with the hospital. Our active involvement emphasizes our dedication to patient care and highlights the effectiveness of our collaboration with hospital administration.
- We seek Acute Care training for the role and welcome applications from recent graduates.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases and work in an open ICU with intensivist coverage during the day and at night (our team is not expected to do procedures). Our expertise complements the work of the intensivists. This collaborative approach results in a more holistic and efficient approach to patient care.
- We have eight full-time physicians and four APPs on this team.
- Schedule is seven on/off nights, 7 pm to 7 am.
- Most hospitalist team members prioritize spending quality time with family and enjoying the outdoors. This shared value of work-life balance is reflected in our flexible work arrangements. We have established a system where we can cover for each other when one of our colleagues is out, cultivating a strong sense of unity among our team.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients at the center of all we do.
- Sound emphasizes growth and development, providing opportunities for career expansion within our local team and broader medical group.
- As a community-minded team, we encourage contributions within and outside the hospital to foster a thriving local community.
El Paso, Texas, provides a unique blend of cultures from the United States and Mexico, offering a rich tapestry of traditions and cuisines. The city boasts stunning desert landscapes, a warm climate, affordable living costs, and a strong sense of community, making it appealing for those seeking a vibrant and welcoming border city lifestyle.
To learn more, please contact my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Shariq Sattar, Medical Director