Nocturnist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Full or Part-Time
Full or Part-time (Nights) Advanced Practitioner Opportunity in El Paso, Texas
As a part of the largest healthcare network in El Paso, TX, The Hospitals of Providence – Sierra Campus is continually evolving to meet the needs of the community. The Sierra Campus has over 350 beds and has become nationally recognized for its medical expertise and quality care.
- 6 full-time physicians, a hospitalist medical director, and 6 APPs
- Full-time is 15 shifts per month/180 shifts per year; part-time is 7 shifts per month/72 shifts per year
- The hospitalist team rotates through a fair share of day and night shifts
- Excellent compensation plan
- Open ICU – Co-manage ICU with Intensivist team; no procedures required
- ED Physicians respond to code blue, AOD leads the rapid response team and Sound hospitalists respond to codes for their respective patients
- EMR system – Cerner
The Hospitals of Providence – Sierra Campus Highlights and Awards
- The Sierra Campus was evaluated and reaccredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for its ability to assess, diagnose, and treat patients who experience a heart attack.
- The Sierra Campus was the first healthcare provider in El Paso to provide MAKOplasty®. This innovative robotic procedure allows surgeons to partially resurface the arthritic portion of the knee while preserving healthy bone and tissue, relieving pain, restoring range of motion, and decreasing recovery time.
- ACC HeartCARE Center Designation – 1 of only 10 hospitals in the nation to receive ACC HeartCARE Center Designation. The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus were recognized by the American College of Cardiology for their commitment to consistent high-quality cardiovascular care. The hospital was the first in the region and one of only ten hospitals in the nation to receive this achievement.
- Sierra Campus achieves Advanced Certification for Comprehensive Stroke Center. The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus earned recognition for meeting the guidelines required for the treatment of the most serious stroke events. Comprehensive Stroke Centers offer state-of-the-art infrastructure, staff, and training to receive and treat patients with the most complex strokes.
- The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus earned a top grade for patient safety. The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus once again has earned a grade “A” rating in The Leapfrog Group’s Fall 2019 Safety Score, demonstrating the commitment Sierra Campus has to deliver safe, high-quality patient care.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license (NP/PA); 2 years minimum APP Hospitalist experience
- All APP positions require 2 years of recent inpatient experience
Location & Lifestyle
This 6th largest city in Texas is nestled between the beautiful Franklin Mountains and the historic Rio Grande, El Paso offers state-of-the-art educational and medical facilities, abundant cultural and entertainment opportunities with 18 museums and 35 art galleries, year-round recreation including award-winning golf courses, low crime rate, an extremely favorable cost-of-living, and some of the best weather conditions on the planet with over 300 days of sunshine per year. The city provides plenty of parks and gardens as well as mountain and desert trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. El Paso has four private golf courses, two military courses, and seven public courses, including Painted Dunes Golf Course ranked No. 2 in the country by Golf Digest. New Mexico offers snow skiing within a 2-hour drive and the local airport provides easy access to larger cities.