Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Tri-City Medical Center was founded in 1961 with a mission to advance the health and wellness of its patients. As a full-service, an acute-care public hospital with 365 licensed medical beds and 28 bed ICU, Tri-City is one of the largest employers in North San Diego County servicing the three major cities of Oceanside, Vista, and Carlsbad.
- Hospitalist team has 2 medical directors, 18 hospitalist physicians, 2 APPs, and a clinical performance nurse
- Call is required
- Open ICU
- ED run codes
- Salary range: $150k – $155k; dependent upon experience
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in California; new grads encouraged to apply!
Location & Lifestyle
Located just 40 miles north of San Diego and 90 miles south of Los Angeles, the community of Oceanside is the quintessential definition of a Southern California beach town. The laid-back coastal city rests along the edge of the Pacific Ocean offering year-round pleasant temperatures and sunshine as the backdrop for endless adventures.