Nocturnist Nurse Practitioner – $2k travel stipend
Nocturnist Nurse Practitioner opportunity with a $2k per month travel stipend
Adventist Health Bakersfield recently received the “Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence” from HealthGrades for the third year in a row and Leapfrog, a healthcare rating organization, has named Adventist Health Bakersfield one of only 35 hospitals in the United States and six in California to receive its Top Hospital Award! The CEO recognized that this was, in large part, due to the excellent care that our team has been providing since we started the program. This award places Adventist Health Bakersfield in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation.
- 255-bed acute care hospital
- Established 20-physician team with a clinical performance nurse is adding 2 nurse practitioners
- No call and no procedures are required
- Semi-closed ICU
- Nights, 7on/7off
- Productivity bonus eligibility and a significant commencement bonus
- Monthly travel stipend of $2000 for applicants that plan to live outside of a 50-mile radius of Bakersfield
- Salary range: $145k – $165k per year dependent upon experience
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in California; candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of hospitalist experience as an NP
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Location & Lifestyle
This ideal location offers the best of both worlds: Affordable living and proximity to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, and the Sierra Nevada mountains. The is a highly desirable location for home buyers due to affordability and low cost of living while offering close access to Central California wine country, central valley, beach communities, and all the amenities in Los Angeles. Enjoy a variety of restaurants, shopping, and a diverse economy with many locally owned businesses. Furthermore enjoy access to many options for recreational fun: skiing, hiking, camping, fly fishing, white water rafting. If you are looking for an excellent hospital to practice in, a focus on quality and manageable workloads, top-notch hospital leadership with integrity, competitive compensation, a path to partnership, great benefits, and abundant support, this is your job in California.