Nocturnist ICU Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Visalia, CA
Seeking FT Nocturnist APP – Minimum 10, 12-hour night shifts per month – $158,400 annual salary plus benefits
Kaweah Health is a 600-bed community hospital located 1-hour south of Fresno, California. Kaweah Health is the second-largest district hospital in the state of California. A level III Trauma Center, Kaweah is the only hospital in Vasalia, with comprehensive care including cardiac and orthopedic surgery, cancer treatment, mental health services, and extensive pediatric service care including NICU.
- ICU is busy. Medical and CVICU plus two, step-down units with very high acuity patients
- ADC is 38
- FT nocturnist APP: $158,400 annual salary plus benefits
- Day Coverage: ICU- 1 Intensivist on day 12-hour, CVICU- 1 Intensivist on day 12-hour, APP on day -12-hour, ICCU (Step-down Unit) –There are 2 step-down units located next to each other. We will run as one step-down unit collectively. 1 onsite Intensivist on a 12-hour day and tele-ICU who will be first call (i.e., have their own patient census to round). APP in ICU can flex to step-down unit as needed
- Night Coverage: 1, onsite Intensivist covering ICUs (medical and cardiovascular) and 1, onsite APP covering the step-down unit with tele-ICU
Requirements for the role
- Demonstrate ability to Independently assess, examine, and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license (ACNP); 2-3 years of Acute Care NP ICU experience required
- Minimum 10, 12-hour night shifts per month
Join a world-class critical care team, led by Drs. Steve Matchet and Sergio Zanotti, that is committed to improving healthcare quality and reducing costs in every community we serve. Our values – quality, service, teamwork, innovation, and integrity – guide us to bring better intensivist care to the bedside every day.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound Medical Group practices, where we aim to help teammates expand their careers locally as well as within the broader medical group.
- We are a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.