Nocturnist – $50,000 Commencement Bonus – Front Royal, VA
To prospective teammates,
I am the medical director for Sound’s hospitalist practice at Warren Memorial Hospital in Front Royal, Virginia. I have proudly been a part of the Sound team for four years and welcome interest from physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are a closely knit, established team of three physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs), with the support of a clinical performance nurse. We work daily as a physician and nurse practitioner from 7 am to 7 pm, with our nocturnist covering our medical admissions and cross-coverage at night from 7 pm to 7 am.
- Our team has an extraordinarily close relationship with the nursing staff both on the medical floor as well as the emergency department, our nursing leadership who supports us heavily, our case managers with whom we work closely every day, and our energetic emergency department physicians, who are always ready if needed.
- We proudly sponsor H1B and J1 visa candidates, and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists and our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid and services are covered by Sound.
- Embracing the challenge of complex cases, our team manages a 24-bed medical/surgical floor and a 12-bed critical care step-down unit, with tele ICU support. Our providers take the lead within our inpatient unit. We run codes, lead rapid responses, and have full support from the ER team for emergent intubation if needed.
- Those interested in teaching will have the opportunity to work with APPs and family medicine residents from Front Royal Family Practice. They assist residents during the day ad hoc, and we support them from 7 pm to 7 am with their admissions and critical patients.
- Our team hosts regular monthly meetings, sometimes featuring guest speakers for hospital department updates important for collaboration and patient management.
- With a preference for family and outdoor time, a flexible schedule allows us to cover for each other when needed.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Growth and development are key features of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Many people enjoy living in Front Royal, Virginia, due to its picturesque setting in the Shenandoah Valley, offering stunning views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and access to outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, fishing, and exploring the nearby Shenandoah National Park. The town also has a charming historic downtown, a sense of community, and a relatively lower cost of living than larger cities, making it an attractive place for residents.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Sandra Donahue, MD