Nocturnist (FT or PT) – Frederick, MD
To potential hospitalist teammates,
I’m the medical director at Frederick Memorial Hospital, located in Frederick, Maryland, and have proudly been part of Sound Physicians for the past four years. As we seek to welcome physicians who are just starting their careers or those considering a career change, I’m excited to provide you with more insights into our people, practice, and purpose:
- We’re a seasoned and cohesive team of 22 physicians and 8 advanced practice providers (APPs), with four of them dedicated to the observation unit.
- Our team of clinicians comes from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds, all of whom possess strong clinical skills and an unwavering dedication to providing exceptional patient care. During work hours, we’re a hardworking group, and outside of work, we strengthen our bonds by spending quality time together.
- I view my role as a leader as one that is supportive and collaborative, fostering an environment in which our team can thrive.
- At Sound, we offer a robust orientation and ramp-up program for new graduates, creating an ideal environment for seasoned physicians looking for flexibility and innovation.
- Frederick Memorial Hospital values its clinical staff by providing amenities such as free parking and a comfortable lounge area for socializing with fellow hospital providers and enjoying meals. We also provide comprehensive subspecialty support.
- Located in Frederick, Maryland, our community offers a rich quality of life, a strong sense of community, and a perfect balance between urban and natural attractions. Our historic downtown area boasts a vibrant arts and culture scene, with numerous shops, restaurants, and galleries to explore. The city is nestled amid picturesque landscapes, including the stunning Catoctin Mountains and the Monocacy River. Frederick’s strategic location makes it convenient to drive to both Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
- We take pride in offering J1 visa sponsorship through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Our hospital features a closed ICU managed by Sound’s intensivist team. We’re currently seeking board-certified and board-eligible candidates comfortable with managing complex patients across all medical services. Internal and family medicine candidates are more than welcome to apply.
- The hospitalist team plays a pivotal role in the rapid response team, and our intensivist team manages codes. All team members are certified in basic life support and advanced cardiovascular life support. There are no procedural requirements.
- The day-to-day consists of admissions, floor calls, and being available for the APPs when they need us. Our schedule is week-on/week-off with our switch on Tuesdays/Wednesdays.
- We maintain regular weekly huddles and monthly team meetings as well as host lunch-and-learn sessions to stay current on the latest developments in the field of medicine, at the hospital, and within Sound.
- We use the Meditech Expand electronic medical record (web-based) and have access to our own internal informatics platform.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with matching, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and an annual CME allowance.
- Our retention rate is impressive, and we work collaboratively within our team to ensure adequate coverage for time off.
- We put patients first. Always.
- I came to Sound for leadership opportunities, and I stay because of the clinical and operational support, but mostly because we respect our clinicians and provide leaders with autonomy.
- We deeply value our partnership with the hospital, and our team actively participates in various hospital committees.
- Our practice actively supports growth and development in the field of hospital medicine, enabling you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
If you wish to explore this opportunity further, please reach out to my recruiting partner, Jill Albach, who will help connect us.
Dr. Damian Crawford
Hospitalist Medical Director