Nocturnist – Columbus, OH
To prospective hospitalist teammates,
I’m the medical director for Sound’s hospital medicine program at Mt. Carmel East located in Columbus, Ohio. I have been a part of Sound Physicians for 5 years. Our hospitalist practice is a great place to grow and learn and we welcome interest from those who recently completed training or seasoned physicians who desire a career change. I’d like to share more about our approach to building great teams, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are a team of 18 physicians and 7 advanced practice providers (APPs), with the support of a clinical performance nurse, a clinical performance associate, and a group coordinator.
- We are a diverse group with backgrounds from all over the world.
- We are an integral part of our hospital community and a valued strategic partner. We have great relationships with hospital leadership and other physician groups. We also participate in several committees and leadership roles to help support quality and process improvement.
- The members of our team have diverse interests including food, sports, and getting together to celebrate special events. We try to pull the team together for social events a few times each year.
- We proudly sponsor H1B visa candidates and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid and services are covered by Sound.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases and working in an open ICU with Intensivist coverage (our team is not expected to perform procedures or run codes).
- For those who appreciate the opportunity to teach, we work with medical and APP students from surrounding universities and programs on occasion. We also help physicians from abroad with observerships from time to time.
- We meet in the morning two to three times per week to discuss important items. We also come together once a month to meet with our regional team, review performance, and address any outstanding practice issues.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or in the outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of our practices, where you can expand your careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
For those considering relocation to Columbus, Ohio, the area offers a vibrant mix of cultural attractions, a thriving job market, and a lower cost of living, making it an attractive destination for those seeking a balanced urban lifestyle. With its renowned universities, diverse neighborhoods, and a strong sense of community, Columbus provides an inviting environment for individuals and families looking for a welcoming and dynamic place to call home.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, Addie Pierce, who will put you in touch with me.
Nikhil Prasad MD