Nocturnist (FT or PT) – Aiken, SC
To our prospective hospitalist teammates,
Sound is a great place to grow your clinical and leadership skills as we have a foundation that focuses on people, practice, and purpose. By way of introduction, I’m the medical director for Sound’s hospital medicine team at Aiken Regional Medical Center in Aiken, South Carolina. I’ve been a part of our medical group for two years and I’m proud of the hospitalist practice we’ve built. Whether you’ve recently completed your training or desire a career change, I think Sound is a place where you’ll thrive.
- We’re a closely knit, established team of ten physicians and six advanced practice providers (APPs), with the support of a clinical performance nurse and a program manager.
- Nocturnists enjoy practice autonomy and have a great relationship with Sound’s emergency medicine team at the hospital.
- Our practice is comprised of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds with varied levels of experience who lean on and learn from each other in their approach to patient care.
- We’re actively involved within the hospital with both the graduate medical education programs and various hospital committees, including Medical Staff Quality Improvement Committee, pharmacy and therapeutics, readmission reduction, sepsis, stroke, and wound care.
- We proudly sponsor H1B and J1 visa candidates and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid and services are covered by Sound.
- The ICU is open with telemedicine support. We’re looking for board-certified candidates who are open to performing arterial and central lines and intubations, with training. Internal medicine candidates are welcome to apply.
- We’re a teaching program and work closely with family and internal medicine residents on a daily basis.
- We stay connected through a weekly team huddle.
- Flexible scheduling is part of our practice to ensure work-life balance. We cover for each other, so we all feel supported in our needs for family time and disconnecting from work.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first, always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of our practices. Our teammates can expand their careers here locally or across the broader medical group.
- As a team deeply rooted in our community, we actively support and inspire those of us who are passionate about making a positive impact, both within the hospital and beyond, in order to foster the growth and vitality of our local area.
Aiken, SC, is a charming and welcoming community known for its rich equestrian culture, picturesque landscapes, and Southern hospitality. Residents enjoy a relaxed pace of life, diverse recreational activities, and a strong sense of community, making Aiken an ideal place for those seeking a blend of small-town charm and cultural vibrancy.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, Caroline McLean, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Sireesha Vemuri-Reddy