Nocturnist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Macon, GA
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you in providing the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Coliseum Northside Hospital is a 103-bed community-based for-profit hospital that specializes in orthopedics, spine care, bariatric surgery, and gastric reflux disease and is owned and operated by Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA). Coliseum Northside operates a full-service 24-hour emergency room with specialized pediatric care, has inpatient and outpatient surgery options, diagnostic services, and an orthopedic and spine center.
- Established team with 4 physicians, 3 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 12 bed ICU is currently closed but will open sometime in 2023 and when it does, Hospitalist manage ICU with Tele ICU
- No procedures (Anes & EM do procedures)
- EPIC EMR
- Dedicated nocturnist position
- 7 on 7 off block schedule
- Yearly salary: $140k
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Accredited Joint Commission and American College of Surgeons, including:
- Joint Commission, Primary Stroke Center
- Joint Commission, Total Hip Replacement
- Joint Commission, Total Knee Replacement
- American College of Surgeons, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- One year of in-patient experience as an APP
Location & Lifestyle
Macon, Georgia, is strategically positioned just 1 hour and 15 minutes southeast of Atlanta and Atlanta Airport, making it an equidistant point northwest of Savannah and Savannah Airport. This charming city, along with its surrounding area, boasts a population of approximately 230,000 residents. Macon is home to several prestigious educational institutions, including Wesleyan College, Middle GA State University, and Mercer University. Additionally, it offers the convenience of being located a mere 30-minute drive from Warner Robbins Air Force Base.
Macon’s location places it in the heart of the state, making it an ideal destination for nature enthusiasts seeking a weekend getaway in the great outdoors. Visitors can explore the 180 acres of upland forest at Amerson River Park, a popular spot for hiking. Historic downtown Macon features an extensive network of biking paths, providing many miles of scenic routes. For those who enjoy water activities, kayaking along the Ocmulgee River is a favorite pastime.
Conveniently situated just 80 miles to the south of downtown Atlanta, Macon offers a unique blend of rich history, remarkable architecture, Southern charm, and a vibrant musical heritage. Outdoor enthusiasts can take advantage of opportunities such as walking or biking along the picturesque Amerson River Park, which is part of the Ocmulgee Heritage Trail. Lake Tobesofkee provides a sandy shoreline for play, boating, and picnicking.