Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice That Works for You
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital-San Marcos is a 179-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of complex healthcare services in San Marcos, TX, and neighboring communities.
- Established team with 4 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- ED runs codes
- No call
- Open ICU; intensivists are available during the day and TeleICU at night.
- Procedures not required but preferred; ED will assist with procedures if needed
- Interventional radiology and anesthesia backup
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas; recent acute care experience as an advanced practitioner required
Location & Lifestyle
San Marcos is located at the heart of the advanced technology corridor linking Austin and San Antonio, and offers a high quality of life, with access to a rich array of natural resources, recreational opportunities, and cultural amenities. The spring-fed San Marcos River meanders through the city between park-lined banks. Picnic areas, recreation buildings, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, tennis courts, baseball fields, and one of the nation’s largest wooden playscapes dot the nine city parks. The river is also a focus for swimming, canoeing, tubing, fishing, scuba diving, and snorkeling. While nearby lakes are ideal for sailing, powerboating, and windsurfing. San Marcos’s mild climate lets enthusiasts pursue golf, tennis, cycling, fishing, and other activities throughout the year. Live music, performing arts, and cultural exhibits are also plentiful. Visitors and residents also enjoy annual special events such as Summerfest, summer in the Park, and Sights & Sounds, a festive display of Christmas lights along the banks of the river in December.