Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Nocturnist Advanced Practitioner Opportunity in San Marcos, TX – 30 Minutes from Austin!
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital-San Marcos is a 179-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of complex healthcare services in San Marcos, TX, and neighboring communities. The hospital has maintained an ‘A’ grade for patient safety from the Leapfrog Group. In 2012, the facility made a $2 million investment in a da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery suite, making the hospital the only location on the IH-35 corridor between Austin and San Antonio to offer the cutting-edge technology. The facility also offers a variety of specialty care services.
- Established team with 4 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Full-time Nocturnist APP; 12 hr shifts
- No call environment
- Open ICU; No procedures required
- No codes
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license
- 1+ years of recent acute care experience as an advanced practitioner required
Location & Lifestyle
Only 30 minutes from Austin & 40 minutes from San Antonio, San Marcos offers a high quality of life, with access to a rich array of natural resources, recreational opportunities, and cultural amenities. The spring-fed San Marcos River meanders through the city between park-lined banks. Picnic areas, recreation buildings, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, tennis courts, baseball fields, and one of the nation’s largest wooden playscapes dot the nine city parks. The river is a focus for swimming, canoeing, tubing, fishing, scuba diving, and snorkeling, while nearby lakes are ideal for sailing, powerboating, and windsurfing. San Marcos’s mild climate lets enthusiasts pursue golf, tennis, cycling, fishing, and other activities throughout the year. Live music, performing arts, and cultural exhibits are also plentiful. Visitors and residents also enjoy annual special events such as Summerfest, Summer in the Park, and Sights & Sounds, a festive display of Christmas lights along the banks of the river in December.
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
When you join Sound, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling that mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so that our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians