Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Holy Rosary Healthcare is a comprehensive acute-care hospital in Miles City that serves an 11-county region of eastern Montana. It includes physician clinics, a residential living community, hospice and palliative care services. Founded in 1910, we’re part of SCL Health, a nonprofit faith-based health system with 11 hospitals in three states.
- Hospitalist team consists of 2 physicians and 2 APPs
- Full-time with Sound Physicians is 15 shifts per month/182 shifts per year
- 7 on/7 off block schedule for continuity of care
- Sound Physicians Telemedicine covers nights as a backup for APP
- 4-bed Open ICU – procedures not required are a plus; stabilize and transfer patients
- Hospitalists are part of the code team
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- A current, unrestricted license in Montana
- Acute care certification is preferred with a minimum of 6 months of experience as an NP or multiple years of experience as a PA
Location & Lifestyle
Steeped in Western history, Miles City remains a true Western town. Founded in 1876 where two rivers, the Yellowstone and Tongue, met, vast stretches of plains and badlands branch out in all directions. Once the horse-trading and livestock center of the country, Miles City, a population of around 8,000, still has weekly livestock auctions and, once a year, puts on the Bucking Horse Sale for rodeo stock buyers and breeders. Miles City is proud of the parks, rivers, and historical sites that provide recreational fun and adventure for everyone. The Range Riders Museum is one of the most recognized “Old West” Museums around. The WaterWorks Art Museum houses works of the premier artists in the country, in the original waterworks facility of Miles City. The Miles City Academy, formerly the Ursuline Convent, as well as the historic Main Street and Residential Districts are a draw to the many visitors of Miles City. Outdoor activities in Miles City are abundant. Fishing, hunting, bird watching, rock collecting, golf, or just taking a walk along the river. The city of Billings, MT, and Billings Logan International airport is just 2 hours away offering non-stop service to 10 major cities.