Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Join Sound Physicians at Texas Health Huguley Just Outside of DFW
Texas Health Huguley Hospital is an award-winning emergency department, accredited chest pain center, accredited bone and joint program, medical intensive care unit, cardiovascular critical care unit, progressive care unit, and open-heart surgery center. The hospital is a Texas Health Resources System member and operates under an operating agreement with Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare organization in the United States.
- 223-bed acute care hospital
- Team has 19 physicians, 2 APPs, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call
- No procedures required
- Open ICU
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Most Recently received Emergency Center of Excellence for the 2nd time
- Texas Health Huguley’s Workforce Recognized for Employee Engagement Excellence
- Texas Health Huguley Awarded “A” in Patient Safety FiveTimes
As an acute care nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP’s that are provided to our physician providers.
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas; acute care trained nurse practitioners only
- Minimum requirement of two years of recent acute care experience as a nurse practitioner
Location & Lifestyle
Bask in the glow of approximately 245 sun-filled days and revel in the abundance of city parks in and around the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Additionally, within easy driving distance, discover over a dozen large lakes, championship-level golf courses, and an array of diverse restaurants and shops. Dallas/Fort Worth is not just a sun-soaked paradise; it’s also renowned for its vibrant arts scene, offering an array of concert venues, captivating off-Broadway performances, world-class museums, and captivating galleries to explore.