Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an acute care nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP’s that are provided to our physician providers.
Texas Health Huguley Hospital is an award-winning emergency department, accredited chest pain center, accredited bone and joint program, medical intensive care unit, cardiovascular critical care unit, progressive care unit, and open-heart surgery center. The hospital is a member of the Texas Health Resources System and is operated under an operating agreement with Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant health care organization in the United States.
- 223-bed acute care hospital
- Team has 14 physicians, 3 nurse practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call
- No procedures required
- Open ICU
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas; acute care trained nurse practitioners only
- Minimum requirement of two years of recent acute care experience as a nurse practitioner
Location & Lifestyle
Fort Worth was recently voted as one of the friendliest cities in America. The “City of Cowboys & Culture” is the 17th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming 6.5 million visitors annually.
- Located in the heart of Texas with easy access to Dallas and Fort Worth and DFW International Airport
- Low cost of living, no state tax
- With a strong economy, the city ranks below average in cost of living and offers a diverse and strong job market
- Dozens of schools, both private and public to choose from. Also, over a dozen local universities